1) Gorilla management and husbandry
1. Supervise the daily husbandry and care of all the gorillas.
2. Oversee the gorilla health prevention program;
2) Local staff management
3. Daily management of the local staff (assisted by a local human resources consultant and the local co-manager);
4. Monthly salaries and daily accounting (assisted by the PGFV’s off-site accountant and/or project advisor;
5. Oversee the employee health prevention program;
- Basic French required (fluency in English an asset);
- At least 28 years-old;
- Experience with orphaned great-ape rehabilitation (gorilla experience preferred);
- Experience managing local staff in a developing country (experience in Africa an asset);
- Veterinary degree with a valid license an asset (with some clinical experience preferred);
- Proven communication, team-work and leadership skills;
- Comfortable living in a remote location in basic living conditions
Salary and benefits: based on qualifications and experience.
1. Cost of visa;
2. One return-airfare;
3. Food, basic accommodation and transportation (in-country);
4. Health insurance (to be discussed);
Term of Appointment:
Contact us (see below)
Applications are always welcome
If you are interested, please contact us and indicate that you are interested in the Field Manager position.